Clean Uninstall Tosca Commander
This article shows how to cleanly uninstall Tricentis Tosca from your system.
Tricentis Tosca should be completely removed from a system to fix installation issues, in preperation for an upgrade, etc.
If you want to uninstall Tricentis Tosca Server please see this article.
Note: It is recommomended to backup files/settings prior to making any permanent changes to your Tosca installation.
Some files and directories will persist after uninstalling Tosca Commander. To ensure you have a clean uninstall of commander you will need to manually delete these after uinstallation finishes. Below are the steps to complete a clean uninstall:
- Navigate to the "Windows Control Panel" > "Programs and Features" and select "Tricentis Tosca"
- Select the Uninstall option and complete the wizard to start the uninstall process.
(For removal of Tosca Commander on Windows Server) You may need to enable the use of 8.3 character length file names to be able to remove the application. Read this article for more details.
(For users of Tricentis Tosca on versions 13.0 and later) Download the installation fix utility from this page and use it to uninstall the following entries if they appear:
Tosca Data Integrity
Tosca Testsuite ProductInfo
Tricentis Environment Settings
Tricentis OpenSans Installer
- After the uninstall has finished, remove all installation and user folders from the host. Note that these are examples based on the default install location, make sure to adapt them to your use case:
- %ProgramFiles(x86)%\TRICENTIS\TOSCA Testsuite\
- Remove the following environment variables
- Every variable that starts with tosca
- Every variable that starts with tricentis
- Open the following registry keys, and go through all subkeys. Remove each key that contains Tosca or Tricentis as publisher or display name
- Restart your machine