Configure TC REST API to work with Flexera Licensing
You want to configure Tosca Commander REST API to be able to consume Flexera licenses. To complete the configuration, you need to make some additional modifications in the Internet Information Services (IIS).
To configure Tosca Commander REST API, follow the steps below:
1. Use Tricentis Tosca Commander or Tosca License Configuration to connect to the Flexera License Server or to activate Node-Locked licenses.
2. Start IIS.
3. Under "Application Pools", navigate to the "ToscaRestApi" entry. Right-click on it and select the option "Advanced Settings...".
4. In the subsequent “Advanced Settings” dialog, select the element “Identity” under the node “Process Model”.
5. Click on the option “…” to modify the value.
6. In subsequent “Application Pool Identity” dialog, select "Custom account" and click on the "Set..." button.
7. In the subsequent “Set Credentials” dialog, enter the credentials you used to login to your system (on the Windows lock screen) in the session when you connected to the License Server or activated Node-Locked licenses on that machine. In the "User name" field, enter the value in the DomainName\Username format.
8. Confirm the password and click “OK”.
9. Close the IIS and proceed with the next step of the configuration process.
10. In yourpreferred text editor, open the file applicationHost.config, located at %windir%\system32\inetsrv\config\.
11. Navigate to the section <applicationPools> and navigate to the item "ToscaRestApi".
12. Inside of its <processModel> node, add the two properties as listed below:
Note that you might require administrator privileges to save these changes. After you have completed this step, you should be able to verify that Tosca Commander REST API is able to consume licenses.