Technical details for license and server communication for Tricentis Tosca 10.2 (and higher)
Network requirements for a successful connection to license services
The license cloud allows connected Tricentis Tosca components to use licenses when they are needed from multiple machines without installing an individual license server. The Support Portal offers authorized users an overview about purchased licenses as well as an overview about the usage of cloud licenses. For detailed information on how to set up and maintain licenses, refer to chapter "License administration".
- For "Cloud" licensing, the following URL's will need access to communicate through TCP port 443:
- license.tricentis.com [Default IP: 188.8.131.52]
The connection to this site is encrypted and authenticated using a strong protocol (TLS 1.2), a strong key exchange (ECDHE_RSA with P-256), and a strong cipher (AES_128_GCM).
- flex1178-fno.flexnetoperations.com [Default IP: 184.108.40.206]
The connection to this site uses a strong protocol (TLS 1.2), an obsolete key exchange (RSA), and a strong cipher (AES_256_GCM).
- flex1178.compliance.flexnetoperations.com should also be whitelisted.
"OnPremises" licenses can be used as "Floating/Concurrent" or "NodeLocked" licenses:
- Once activated on a local device, the licenses get bound to the respective user and device.
- If Activated on a license server, the licenses can be assigned and checked-out for the respective user or device in the same network.
- The Tosca 10.2 License Server communicates with the client through TCP. The port is individually configurable during the installation process [The TCP port is set to 7070 by default]
- The server communicates with our backend through TCP port 443, which is only required for online activation. Alternatively, you can use offline activation as described in our Webhelp. Please also read KB0013222 for syncing informations of offline license servers.