Show TestStep LogInfo in Report
Please find below a step by step guide on how to modify the standard report to display TestStep Loginfo.
With Tosca 10.2 you can access the TestStep LogInfos through the appropriate TQL. For all version below 10.2 please refer to this article.
Please make sure that you have imported the Standard Reports of Tosca via the "Standard.tce" located at: %Tricentis_Projects%/ToscaCommander.
1. Let's say you have an ExecutionList which shows following:
2. When you open the respective report, first thing to do would be to create a dataset definition by right clicking on the "AllEntries" and select "Create Dataset Definition". Rename it as you like and delete the default value "->SUBPART" in the "Link" column.
3. Switch to the "Properties" tab of the just created dataset definition (TestStepValue) and copy the TQL from "FullHierarchyTQLQuery".
4. Go to the Execution Section and open "Search" dialog via the "magnifying glass" icon. Use the just copied TQL and add the following part to find the corresponding TestStepValues:
(if you are using classic steps please replace "ExecutionXTestStepValueLog" with "ExecutionTestStepValueLog")
5. Go to your Report and copy & paste the added part of the TQL to "Link" column of TestStepValue
6. Now the structure of the report has been finished and what's left to do is adding this to the actual report in the Report Designer called List & Lable.
Open it by right clicking on the Report and select "Desing Report ...".
7. You can append items by right clicking on the desired Table in the Table tree view and select "Append a Sub-Element".
8. A dialog will open where you choose a container that should contain your TestStepValues, here we chose "Table".
9. Select the source table which indicates the dataset definition in Tosca (TestStepValue).
10. Select columns which you want to display in the actual report, here we choose LogInfo. You can of course add "Name" as well.
11. On the right hand side in the report preview you can see that a new table was added with columns of Tosca.
Please do not forget to save your report!
When you print your report in Tosca it should display the LogInfo in a raw format.
Please be aware that modifications which goe beyond the standard reports are not covered by the Tricentis Support and those modifications would need to be commissioned as a customization through our Professional Services Organisation.
Information on the Reporting section of Tosca can be found here.
Details for TQL please have a look at this manual.