Change the database storage location of the License Usage Tracking
If you don't want to store the license usage statistics into a database on the system drive the following instructions will help
Your system drive (usually C:) storage is limited and it might not hold the accumulating data for long before you will get a warning that the available storage is too low.
- go to
- open elasticsearch.yml
- edit line 33 to path.data: <the-path-i-would-like-elasticsearch-to-safe-my-data-from-now-on>
- open Windows Service window
- search for elasticsearch-service-x64 service (right click) and restart it
- this service is bound to the TricentisLicenseUsageStatistics service
- when restarting it an error message might appear meaning that the second service could not be restarted...
- wait approx 30 seconds, go to TricentisLicenseUsageStatistics service and start it again
- alternatively, stop TricentisLicenseUsageStatistics service before restarting elasticsearch-service-x64 service, wait 20-30 seconds and start the TricentisLicenseUsageStatistics service
If you want to make the most of the data stored in the database, please follow the link below:
Create a report in Microsoft Excel out of the raw license usage data