Manually install the XBrowser Engine 3.0 extension for Microsoft Edge version 79 or newer
This article is about how to manually install the XBrowser Engine 3.0 extension for Microsoft Edge version 79 or newer.
The Tricenis Tosca extension for Microsoft Edge must be installed to be able to automate test execution with the XBrowser Engine 3.0.
This article shows how to install the Microsoft Edge extension manually for version 79 or newer. If you use Microsoft Edge version 44 or older, see this article for more information.
- Select your Tricentis Tosca version from the list below to download the corresponding Edge extension:
Tricentis Tosca 12.3
Tricentis Tosca 13.0
Tricentis Tosca 13.1
Tricentis Tosca 13.2 and upwards
Please note, that Microsoft Edge version 79 or newer must be installed to be able to install applications via the web store.
- Click on Get to install the Tosca Automation Extension for Microsoft Edge.
- Confirm the installation by clicking on Add extension in the subsequent dialog window.
- Select Settings and more->Extensions.
- Click the Details button for the Tosca Automation Extension for Microsoft Edge.
- Enable the checkbox Allow access to file URLs.
To change the port of the WebSocket Server, click Extension options. If you change this port, also change the setting EdgeExtensionServer accordingly in the Tricentis.Automation.RelayService.exe.config file (click here for further information).
To confirm that the extension was successfully installed, simply click on the Tosca symbol next to the address bar and the status message Automation possible! will appear.