The objective of this playbook is to provide guidance with common LiveCompare tasks. The playbook references the installation manual, YouTube tutorials, & best practices from the field.
Table of contents:
Intended for SAP Basis Administrators who are responsible for the installation of SAP transports and administration of SAP systems.
Intended for SAP Security Administrators and/or those who create SAP Accounts & Assign Roles.
Windows System Administrator
- Installs LiveCompare on physical or virtual server machine
- Confirms that client machines can access LiveCompare from a web browser
- Run the App Package executable after installing LiveCompare on the WebServer
Create LiveCompare Users
LiveCompare is a role-based application, which means that the role assigned to your user ID determines which features of the product are available. LiveCompare supports the following roles: Consumers & Editors.
Set up email
This supports email notification when Apps complete. You can also share App results using the send email icon.
Set up "LiveCompare Usage Report"
Located under Data/Templates/Tools this workflow sends usage stats (App & Workflow executions) to the Tricentis team.
Requesting & installing a license key
LiveCompare requires a software license in order to allow Apps, workflows and workflow actions to be run. Here's how to check the status of, request, and install a license key.
Create SAP RFC Destinations
RFC Destinations store the connection parameters that allow LiveCompare to connect to your SAP systems.
Test Repositories allow LiveCompare to connect to Tosca & qTest as well as HP ALM, Microsoft Azure DevOps & Worksoft Certify.
Transport Management Tools
LiveCompare can connect to transport management tools, like SAP Solution Manager ChaRM.
Performance History Data (PHD)
Collect PHD. "Three options" video.
- Three options to collect PHD
Object Link Cache (OLC)
Daily Usage Audit (DUA)
Collect DUA data. An optional prerequisite for those running Test Audit or just need visibility on daily SAP usage.
Intermediate Documents (IDocs)
Collect used IDocs. An option prerequisite for those who need IDoc impact awareness.
Generate Insight Data
Generate Insight Data for Pilots. There's not a lot of data to drive meaningful Smart Insights during pilots - run this template to generate some.
Continuous Impact Analysis (DIA, CIA, & IIA)
Run "Initialize Task Store" to populate *IA's Data Store before the first run. The template is located in Data/Templates/Impact Analysis.
- Each IA scheduled workflow should reside in its own Workspace due to the Task Data Store
- If you were to put all three in one Workspace, then only the earliest scheduled workflow would have an opurtunity to analyze the released Task
SAP Support "Package Disassembler App"
An optional prerequisite for those who haven't applied the desired support packs in any SAP system yet. The Package Disassembler App disassembles the one or more transports or support packs on the specified RFC Destination (usually a Sandbox or Development)
Define Business Critical SAP executables
If a business critical executable is "Impacted" in any way, it will automatically be assigned "Most-at-risk" status when running Impact Analysis.
Smart Impact Analysis
- Release Imact Analysis (SIA): "Identify Most-at-risk Capabilities"
- Continuous Impact Analysis (DIA, CIA, & IIA): "Scheduled IA on released Tasks"
- Run, Consume, Champion
- SAP Unit Tests
- Code Quality
- Supports Test Repo integration, including "HAS_DATA"
- Supports Role/Profile changes
- Supports ABAP "AUTHORITY CHECK OBJECT" change IA
- Run, Consume, Champion
- Heal Tests: "Tosca Modules/Tests with broken screens"
- Smart Insight: "Trend Analysis"
- Test Audit: "Pass, fail, not run status of Most-at-risk capabilities"
Other DevOps Deliverables